NEXTAGE, Co., Ltd. (hereinafter "we" or "NEXTAGE") handles
various forms of personal information in its domestic and overseas business operations.
We recognize that this personal information is very important and that we have
a social responsibility to protect such information. As such, we have established
a Personal Information Protection Policy in order to safeguard personal information
handled by NEXTAGE. All management and staff have been informed of this policy.
- 1. We observe any applicable laws and regulations in handling personal information
and strive to manage such information in an appropriate manner. We have also established
our Personal Information Protection Policy in compliance with JIS Q15001 and have
acquired Privacy Mark certification from Japan Information Processing Development
Corporation (JIPDEC). The Privacy Mark is awarded to companies that appropriately
handle personal data.
- 2. We utilize personal data within the scope of the intended use that is clearly
communicated to customers. Personal information we collect will be used in providing
services specified by us in this policy. We will take steps to insure your information
will not be used for any other purpose.
- 3. We do not disclose or provide personal data provided by customers to third
parties except with the consent of the customer from whom the personal data was
obtained or when there is a legitimate reason.
- 4. We respond to inquiries from customers concerning personal data or requests
from customers for disclosure of personal data sincerely and without delay.
- 5. While maintaining the accuracy and up-to-dateness of personal data, we strive
to prevent unauthorized access to personal data or the leakage, loss, or damage
of personal data and continually enhance and remediate information security management.
- 6. We continually review our Personal Data Protection Policy and management system
and make periodic changes to better protect customers' personal data or to comply
with changes in the applicable laws and regulations.
1. Intended Use of Personal Data
We intend to use your personal data for the following purposes:
(1) Services and Products we offer
a) Arrangement and provision of overseas study programs, home stays, travel, on-the-job
training, airfare, travel insurance and other related products and services, and
for the smooth operation of optional pre-departure language classes.
b) Arrangement and provision of overseas educational trips for schools.
c) Arrangement and provision of domestic (Japan) home stay programs and other
international exchange programs.
d) Arrangement of insurance.
e) Other services related to items a) through d) above.
(2) Intended Use of Personal Data:
a) To provide and arrange the overseas study programs, home stays, travel, on-the-job
training, airfare, travel insurance and other related products and services you
b) To smoothly operate optional pre-departure language classes.
c) To provide third parties with the personal information needed to provide or
arrange the services you request. We will share with third parties only that personal
information which they need to work on our behalf.
d) Provision of recruitment information to and communication with applicants for
employment (including internships)
e) Management of employment-related data at NEXTAGE
f) To communicate with companies who do business with us and/or work on our behalf.
g) Other correspondence related to items a) through f) above.2. Procedures concerning
Requests for Disclosure etc.
NEXTAGE complies with the following requests from customers or their representatives
concerning the customer's personal data held by us: 1) Request for disclosure;
2) Request for notification of the intended purpose; 3) Request for correction;
4) Request for addition; 5) Request for deletion; and 6) Request for cessation
of use or cessation of disclosure to third parties.
Please direct all inquiries regarding our "Personal Information Protection
Policy"; requests that we disclose, correct, or discontinue use of personal
information; and complaints to the Information Desk (contact details are listed
at the bottom of this document.)
Please note that there is a fee, payable by bank transfer or in person, charged
for requests for disclosure and requests for notification of the intended use.
Requests for disclosure can be made for the above Section 1.2 (Intended Use of
Personal Data), a) b) d) and e)
(1) Documents to be submitted concerning Requests for Disclosure
NEXTAGEﾕs prescribed request forms
* For requests for disclosure of personal data or notification of intended use
* For requests for correction, addition, deletion
* For requests for cessation of use
* For requests by a third party or Power of Attorney
Identity confirmation documents
A copy of one of the following documents:
1) Driver's license;
3) Resident registry card
4) Health insurance card
5) Pension booklet
6) Some other official form of identification
(2) Identity Confirmation documents to be submitted concerning Requests for Disclosure
* Requests for disclosure
Submit one copy of 1) or 2) above (make sure the photo is included in the copy)
and when submitting 3) through 6), you must submit at least 2 forms of identification.
When sending by post, a photo copy is acceptable.
* Requests for Disclosure through a Third Party
When making a Request for Disclosure and you are a minor or a ward who is of age,
you must submit proof of status in addition the items listed from 1) - 6) above
in (1). When sending by post, a photo copy is acceptable.
*Proof that you are legal Guardian or an authorized agent: (Driver's license;
Passport; Resident registry card; Health insurance card; Pension booklet; or at
least 2 of other official forms of identification)
*Proof of legal representation: (At least one of the following forms of identification:
Resident registry card; Health insurance card; Matters-registered certificate
* Power of Attorney: When the agent is a person with parental authority or other
legal representative, the person making the request must submit proof of status
in addition the items listed from 1) - 6) above in (1). When sending by post,
a photo copy is acceptable.
*Proof of legal representation: (Driver's license; Passport; Resident registry
card; Health insurance card; Pension booklet; or at least 2 of other official
forms of identification)
* NEXTAGE's prescribed Power of Attorney request form
* Seal registration certificate for the person to whom the personal data refers
(3) Fee for Requests for Disclosure or Notification of Intended Use
NEXTAGE charges a fee for requests for disclosure or notification of intended use.
The fee for each request: \500 (tax included)
(4) Method of Responding to Requests for Disclosure
After NEXTAGE receives a request for disclosure or notification of intended use,
we will respond either directly at our main branch or branch offices, or by mail,
sending to the address on the request form you submitted; in either case, we will
respond as quickly as possible. Please understand that in the case of requests
made by third parties, we may be required to send the information directly to
the person to whom the personal data refers.
(5) Use of Personal Data Obtained in Connection with Requests for Disclosure
NEXTAGE will handle personal data obtained in connection with Requests for Disclosure
only for the purpose of complying with Requests for Disclosure. Except for cases
required by law, we will never use or share your personal data with for any other
purpose without your permission. When answering requests made by third parties,
we will do our utmost to protect your personal data. Remember that disclosure
of personal information is your option; you may choose not to disclose certain
information to us. However, if you do not submit the above documents and forms,
please understand we may not be able to respond to your request in a timely fashion
or at all. Please direct all comments and questions about requests for disclosure
to the contact point below.
(6) Protection and Management of Personal Data
Protection and Management of Personal Data is carried out by the Senior Director
of the General Operations Department at NEXTAGE, Co., Ltd.
3. Inquiries Concerning Personal Data Management
Please direct all inquiries regarding our Personal Information Protection Policy
and any comments or complaints to the Information Desk listed below.